Creative without strategy is called art. Creative with strategy is called advertising. So are you developing strategies around your marketing efforts? Do you know if they’re effective?
It’s important not only to track key performance metrics, but also to understand what they mean and how to act on them.
For this scenario, let’s say you want to start a Google Adwords (Pay Per Click) campaign.
To Create An Effective Campaign, You Should
- Establish a measurable goal
- Define and track key performance metrics
- Setup multiple ads with different titles to determine which works best
- Create multiple landing pages to find the best conversion rates
- Continue tracking your leads after they come through the website
- Setup landing pages and track conversion rates
- Did you meet your goal? Why or why not?
Being able to track your efforts will help you determine what works and what doesn’t, so you can stop doing what isn’t working and continue working on what does.